Thursday 22 January 2015

Layer#17 Mountains

So I have recently been feeling like my brain is getting in the way of my intuitive art making which is causing everything to feel like an uphill struggle. 

In an attempt to face my fears head on and defeat this create hurdle I seem to be painting my way through it. Somewhere in my subconscious today I was drawn to painting mountains. Perhaps the lesson here is to visualise myself at the top, giving myself the pure freedom and liberation that I seek. Up until now I feel as though I have been stuck at the bottom staring upward without a rope in sight to help!

Time to breath deep and let the inner critic go.

Techniques used for this layer were my good friend the brayer with acrylic paint which has really helped to highlight the gorgeous array of textures created by previous layers. I also used a good old paint brush to apply some silver acrylic to the mountain tops. Nice to add abit of shimmer to brighten things up!

No comments:

Post a Comment