Friday 2 January 2015

Blank canvas fear

I have always  struggled with blank canvas fear, to the point where whenever I start a new sketch book I always skip the first page for fear of "doing it wrong" or it "not being good enough".

Well this is the pure beauty of this project because it doesn't matter. It will be covered over and make part of the beautiful "history" and layers of the piece, an important part of the overall story.  It doesn't need to be perfect. It doesn't need to be "right". I just need to start, to take action and to just do it!

I think there is an important lesson here which can translate to anything in life, not just painting. The most important thing is that you start. That you make that first step towards your dream, vision, goal.....whatever it is! So let's see what happens. ....

No comments:

Post a Comment