Tuesday 13 January 2015

Layer#11

Today's layer has been the most challenging yet. I already feel like I have been on a roller coaster of a journey just to get to this point and it's only January 13th!

Already my painting has become something beautiful that I could not have imagined before I started and I have been contemplating stopping and calling this piece finished......but that's not the aim of the game here. I remind myself that it's not about the end product, about making it look pretty. It's about the journey, about pushing myself out of my comfort zone and expanding my boundaries. This is a journey of discovery in which I need to press on to go deep and unearth more hidden treasures.

So after lots of photos of my painting I take a deep breath, grab a tube of paint and think bold. The only way to get past this hurdle is to be brave and do something transformative, something that will completely change the painting as a whole and set me in a whole new direction.....it's quite an exciting thought! Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment