Wednesday 11 March 2015

Painting in layers then doodle the details!

I really love this process of painting which I seem to have developed for myself over the last few weeks. 

Watch theentire painting process here; https://youtu.be/wte9uQcPo5s

I start with an expressive painted layer using acrylics with a brayer roller and smudging with my fingers. I then add in patterns using stencils. 


I let this layer dry then go back in again using my fingers and acrylic paints in contrasting colours. I love to add in bold coloured dots too to create added details.


Once this is dry I love to add lots of crazy detail using black fine line and Paint pens. I find this doodling process so meditative and I like to just go with the flow and let the patterns create themselves, although they usually reference nature.
Big, bold and beautiful.  Everything that art should be!!! ♡


Why not have a go yourself? Paint something quick and intuitive, then once it's dry use it as a background for your doodling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment